Sometimes it becomes necessary to erase the data and make your USD drive unusable for various reasons, which can be secured or personal.
With these few steps, you can make it temporarily Unusable and look like the Drive is damaged.
- Insert USB into Desktop/Laptop
- Click start > type cmd > press enter (open command prompt)
- type “diskpart” (You may need to have administrator access to that, say yes and go ahead)
- Type “list disk”
- You’d probably see 2 disks, disk 0 for the internal Hard drive and disk 1 for your flash drive, this can be disk 2 or 3 too depends how many devices you have connected.
- go ahead and type, select disk 1 in this example, now, type “clean”
- You are done, you can type exit and leave.
These are the basic steps you need to corrupt your USB drive, now to use this disk again just follow the simple steps below.
- open cmd
- type “diskpart”
- then “list disk:
- then “select disk 1”
- create partition primary and exit
- It should work again like before.
Additionally, you can also create a partition in Computer Management.